Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I bought a Mayline Ranger Drafting Table

Last month, I bought a Mayline Ranger Drafting Table for my personal use here in my office at EngineerSupply. Ordering online is somewhat addictive in that I placed the order, and in a few days a truck driver delivers the box to our office door. I opened the box and everything, all the parts were well packaged and protected, I was glad to see no damage had occurred during transit. I had always heard that they were easy to assemble but this was quick. The leg assemblies, left and right, were already together. I simple installed the stringer support (the part you put your feet on) and then the top two supports, then the top, along with the hinges and height adjusters. I think it took me about 20 minutes top to open the box, unwrap the parts, and get the desk together. It took only a wrench and a screwdriver and was totally painless. I imagined it would be lots of parts but it really wasnt. I was delighted when I found the leg assemblies already together, plenty of hardware, and easy-to-read instructions (I'll admit I didn't use the instructions at all). The table is extremely sturdy, and the board is nice and thick.