Thursday, December 06, 2007

Mayline Drafting Tables, Mayline Office Furniture

If you work in the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, Construction) Industry then you've most likely heard of Mayline Products before. Their line of Mayline Blueprint Storage Racks, Blueprint Stands, Blueprint Hanging Clamps, Office Furniture are all built for professional and commercial use. I got started in High School Drafting Class on a Mayline Four-Post Drafting Table, then moved on to using AutoCad in college. It may sound strange to some, but even after I started working full-time, I worked at a cad station that was built on a four-post drafting table. When I changed jobs and started working at a regular height cad station desk, I quickly realized that I missed the drafting table height. Working at drafting table height on a drafting stool allowed me to easily stand up and walk to a nearby reference table or go collaborate with coworkers about a project. It was easier on my back, and allowed me to stretch my legs and body out straighter while at the drafting table height. Also, the size of the drafting table allowed me to lay my drawings out while working in cad. The mix of old school drafting and cad were a natural fit to me.